Saturday, September 23, 2017, 18:44
Picture from muralswallpaper.com
Do you like wallpaper? We personally love them because thanks to them we can create an interesting atmosphere in the interior and give it unique character.
Do you know what kind of wallpapers we can use in our interiors?
- Paper - the cheapest and the least durable. One or two-layer, not resistant to dirt or damage. A large selection of patterns and colours.
- Vinyl - two-layer wallpaper: On a paper backing.They are fully washable and resistant to discoloration. Their durability is calculated for 3-5 years, depending on use. They are often flame-retardant certified, therefore they can be used in commercial buildings. They are suitable for kitchens, bathrooms or corridors.
- On non-woven material (polyester fleece). They are easier to install than those on a paper backing, because they do not shrink under the influence of glue (we apply it only to the wall), and do not wrinkle. They have acoustic properties.
- Made of fiberglass - it is a durable material reinforced with glass yarn, very durable and resistant to mechanical damage, washable and resistant to moisture. These wallpapers can be painted. They can be smooth or textured. Difficult to remove and uncomfortable to apply as fiberglass is irritating to the skin and mucous membranes.
- Cork - composed of two layers of paper and cork. They mute the room. Cover it well with varnish to protect it.
- Textile - made of various fabrics, e.g. linen, cotton or silk on a paper or acrylic base.
Did you know that you can also use wallpaper in the shower?!
Pictures from Wall&Deco, Wonderwall-studio.
️These are special technical coverings for wet rooms such as; bathrooms, kitchens, spas and swimming pools. The backing is printed fiberglass, a clear finish plus a waterproof backing.
What do you think about the wallpaper on the facade?
Pictures from Wall&Deco
It is certainly not the cheapest solution, but very visually effective.
For those interested, a link WET SYSTEM ™ - Installation Wall & decor WET SYSTEM™